CTC has had a long working relationship with the University of Toronto, one of the best universities in Canada based in the cosmopolitan city of Toronto.
Cindy @ Sweet NAW who came to CTC from Myanmar to study A levels in September 2016 and achieved excellent results was awarded the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship for 2019. Congratulations to her!
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship was created to bring a small number of exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Toronto. With over 1,600 nominations from schools all across the globe, the selection process is highly competitive. The overall excellence of the nominees who applied made the task of selecting only 37 recipients that much more challenging. In addition to the wide range of academic and co-curricular opportunities the University has to offer, Pearson Scholars become part of a unique cohort, with access to specially enriched programming and select opportunities.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship covers:
• Full tuition and incidental fees for completion of a first undergraduate degree, up to four academic years
• University of Toronto residence cost and meal plan for each academic year. The University of Toronto guarantees campus accommodation in the first year of study. In subsequent years, students may apply to remain on campus or may choose to live off campus. All costs will be met
• Book costs and other expenses, to a maximum of $2,000 per academic year.
In addition to the unique Pearson cohort experience, the award offers distinct opportunities that, depending on a student’s chosen program, may include:
• Faculty and/or peer mentorship to support a student’s success at the University of Toronto
• Work-integrated learning to provide an opportunity to apply your learning in a work environment
• An international learning experience with one of our many international partner universities. Our Centre for International Experience will help you navigate the many options available to our students
• An on-campus work-study opportunity in your second year of study, coordinated through our Career Exploration and Education Centre.