Cambridge Tutors College is happy to announce that we will be running a new course of EPQ online from 26th June 2021.
Students will be given access to all online lessons at the commencement of course, with Q and A sessions running in late August. One on one sessions will commence in September upon commencement of the school year.
As part of The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) you will be given access to 20 hours of pre recorded online teaching sessions, with 3 group Q and A sessions. You will be expected to spend 60 hours on independent work and you will receive individual supervision and guidance with this, this will consist of 4 one hour one on one sessions by a CTC tutor.The taught element is likely to include:
1. any skills or techniques that will be required for the safe and effective execution of the project. e.g. safe laboratory or workshop technique, professional codes of practice, ethical guidelines, research methodology.
2. ICT skills that will enhance the production of your report and/or the development of the project covering research, analysis and execution
3. research skills including the ability to search for and identify suitable sources of information and prior research or relevant work already undertaken
4. issues of plagiarism and report writing
5. project management skills including time, resource and task management
6. in the case of a performance, production or artefact, the format and content of rehearsal notes, initial sketches or other working documents in the stages of production
7. the format and structure of accepted academic forms of research report to include abstract, introduction, background research, further research content with all sources cited, discussion, conclusion, references, including the evaluation of sources
Please do contact us if you would like to apply.