As with all independent schools here in the UK, CTC is inspected regularly by an external assessment body, the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). In March 2017, ISI awarded “Excellent” to CTC in all categories across both their Educational Quality Inspection and Focused Compliance Inspection.
The key observations reported by ISI were as follows:
- The “Excellent” quality of the students’ academic and other achievements
- Strong leadership, small class sizes and dedicated teaching staff
- Outstanding attitudes of CTC students to their learning
- The rapid language progression of international students who arrive with limited English proficiency
- High levels of student self-esteem and self-awareness as well as the individual and collective support by committed members of staff
- The impressive development of life-skills among students, such as co-operation, personal fitness and leadership, through the participation in a range of extra-curricular activities, including self-run sport and academic societies
- The “Excellent” quality of the students’ personal development
- The diverse and vibrant international community in which students exhibit a great respect of others
- The levels of maturity, independence and self-motivation in preparation for the next stage of life and their successful contribution to society
- The students’ clear understanding of their host country and a well-devised personal, social, health and economic education (PSHEE) programme which covers a wide range of relevant topics such as mental health, British values, the British legal system and self-esteem
It is important to note that the CTC boarding experience, at the resident boarding house or with our trusted host families, is also a strong contributory factor to the personal development of our students outside of school hours. The ISI carried out a Boarding Welfare Inspection in 2014 with the resultant report highlighting the excellence of care received here as well as the outstanding standard of the HomeStay programme.
Please have a read of the full ISI reports by downloading them here.2020 Regulatory Compliance Inspection 2017 Educational Quality Inspection 2017 Focused Compliance Inspection 2014 Boarding Inspection