Exam Board/Code: Cambridge IGCSE® (9–1) History 0977
Title: Cambridge IGCSE® (9–1) History 0977
What do we cover in the course?
Core Study Option B:
- International Relations since 1919
- The Peace Treaties 1919-1923
- How successful was the League of Nations in the 1920s and 1930s?
- Why did peace break down in the 1930s?
- Aspects of the Cold War
Either The First World War or The USA 1919-1941 or Israelis and Palestinians
How is it assessed?
- Paper 1: Core Study and Depth Study
Structured questions: two from the Core and one from the Depth Study
- Paper 2: Core Study: Prescribed Topic
Source-based paper. The Prescribed Topic changes at each examination.
- Either Paper 3: Coursework (one essay) or Paper 4 Examination: Alternative to Coursework (one essay question on the Depth Study)
What is the course useful for?
This course will give you:
- A basic understanding of a broad sweep of British History
- An introduction to British history topics taught in greater depth at A Level
- An introduction to the British political system and modern international relations
- An introduction to British culture.
Any other relevant information
You are very welcome to visit us to meet staff and students, get a flavour of how we work and to pick up preliminary materials.