Oxbridge/Medicine Course at CTC
If you are interested in applying to Oxford or Cambridge University, to study medicine or becoming a Vet you are welcome to apply for this course.
· It starts in January of your first year as an A-Level student and it finishes in June that year
· You will be taught for one hour per week in addition to your normal timetable and the tuition is free
· You will start with developing analytical and critical thinking skills and be supported in increasing your ability to verbally articulate thoughts
· The course will improve your research skills, presentations skills and interview techniques
· Once you have made your choice of course and university, the tuition will be tailor made to your specific needs
· You will be expected to complete an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) as part of your studies and CTC has a special programme designed to support you in fulfilling this requirement
· You will be offered a college trip to either Cambridge or Oxford university
· You will also receive specialist subject support from our Heads of Department
· September 1st Year: Introduction to the CTC Oxbridge/Medicine programme lecture
· October: You must apply in writing to the Vice Principal explaining why you want to be accepted on to the course
· November: You will be informed if your application has been successful
· January: The course begins, one lesson per week
· February: You will begin your EPQ
· June: You will have finished a complete draft of your personal statement
· June-August: You should undertake further work experience, summer classes and have done the main work on your EPQ
· September 2nd Year: When returning to college you will finish your EPQ, UCAS application and hand in your final version of your personal statement
· October: the official deadline is 15th October for your application but you are expected to have finished your application the week before the 15th.
The course is taught by Mrs Sanderson (Head of Chemistry), Mrs Abeelack (Head of Upper Sixth), and Mr Søgaard (Vice Principal). In addition, you will receive regular support from Mrs Simpson (CTC Oxbridge Consultant).