|Qualification attained at the end of the course||CTC Diploma|
What do we cover in the course?
Key syllabus elements
· Measurement, Units, Graphs, Mathematical skills, ICT skills
· Mechanics: motion, forces, moments, work, energy, power, efficiency, pressure
· Electricity: electrostatics; direct current electricity and components; domestic electricity, safety.
· Thermal physics: states of matter, kinetic theory, heat transfer; specific and latent heats
· Light: mirrors, lenses; reflection, refraction, total internal reflection
· Waves: wave types, electromagnetic waves; diffraction; interference; sound waves
· Electromagnetism: magnetism; electromagnets, fields, motors, generators, a.c. electricity
· Basic atomic and nuclear physics; nuclear radiation
How is it assessed?
Key assessment elements
Multiple-choice Test 45 mins
Short response questions + longer, structured questions including testing knowledge of practical skills 1 hour 15 minutes
Continuous assessment (not coursework) of practical skills
|Key skills required||
· Using equipment correctly to take measurements
· Analysing data
· Communicating ideas
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us here: email@example.com